Individual Gifts and Events Manager
Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Individual Gifts and Events Manager has principal responsibility for implementing Levine Music’s fundraising strategies and efforts for donors giving under $1,000. Additionally, the Manager holds principal responsibility for overseeing, producing, and tracking all development related events, including the Annual Gala, Levine’s largest annual fundraiser, as well as working with the Director of Performance on Levine’s Performance Series concerts engaging donors at all levels of giving. This position works closely with Executive leadership, Trustees, Finance Department, and members of the Education Team, as together we work to make music accessible to everyone in the Washington, DC region regardless of age, physical or cognitive ability, or financial circumstance. The position offers room for growth for the right individual.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individual Annual Giving – In partnership with the VP of Development initiate, coordinate, draft, and implement standard solicitations for all annual fund donors under $1,000, including direct mail, online giving, and pledge reminders. Maintain annual giving calendar to maximize cultivation events and keep annual giving cycle on track. With the VP of Development, establish objectives towards new donor acquisition and growth.
- Recurring Giving Program – Design, promote, cultivate, and steward the successful launch of Levine’s first-ever campaign for recurring gifts.
- Donor Research – With other members of the Development team, participate in prospect research. Prepares thorough and accurate donor profiles including information pertaining to potential for philanthropic support as well as areas of interest and affiliations. Sets and monitors news alerts on supporters and potential supporters.
- Special Event Oversight – Oversee the planning, logistical implementation, and execution of all fundraising events, including the annual Gala as well as other donor cultivation and stewardship events. Coordinate and manage volunteers and event committees to ensure successful execution of fundraising events.
- Implement comprehensive plan and timeline for Annual Gala, including event planning, sponsorship underwriting, performance necessities, accompanying collateral materials, and attendance-related issues.
- Manage in coordinate the work of the Gala Committee staying in regular contact with Gala Co-Chairs.
- Additional Development Events:
- Levine’s Salon Series | 4-6 in-home by invitation only music events.
- Loeffler Alumni Series | 3 concerts and receptions annually.
- Family Concert Series | 3 concerts annually
- Competitions | 3 named competitions annually.
- Art Exhibits and Opening Receptions | 2 annually.
- Levine Presents Concert Series | 5 concerts annually.
- Underwritten Master Classes | 1-2 annually.
- Manage the production of all materials, including invitations, programs, and other event collateral. Process RSVPs.
- Participate in ongoing brainstorming other events to build community and engage our students and families.
- Attend and staff all Development events.
- Publication/Mailing Coordination – Coordinate in-house and out-of-house mailings of appeal packages, event invitations, and other materials.
- Administrative Support – Creates and maintains development calendar; schedule meetings; provide administrative support as needed.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience preferably in fundraising and event planning.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, especially MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience in Raiser’s Edge, or other fundraising database software
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects with attention to detail and deadlines.
- Commitment to good judgement, tact, sensitivity, and discretion in handling of confidential information, materials, and situations.
- Self-starter, responsible and reliable.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently effectively.
- Strong written, verbal, and electronic communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid driver’s license
- Night and weekend availability
Salary range: $50,000-$55,000
Applicants for this position should submit a letter of application and resume to:
Director Human Resources
2801 Upton Street, NW
Washington, DC 20008
firstname.lastname@example.org (202) 686-8188
The posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Levine Music is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Levine Music’s employment policy is committed to anti-discrimination of employees or applicants based on sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law concerning any employment practices.
A. Maria Williams
Director of Human Resources
2801 Upton St. NW
Washington, D.C. 20008