Honors and Rising Stars Video Audition Guidelines
YOUTUBE VIDEO GUIDELINES
Mandatory YouTube video submission is due with application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 22, 2022 (link to the video is required for the application)
Please review the following guidelines for submitting videos:
- Honors video submissions must include two contrasting selections (accompaniment not required), one scale of your choosing (with any articulation/bowing) AND the required excerpt. Each piece must be recorded in one take but you may pause the recording in between. Please be sure to announce each selection.
- Rising Stars video submissions must include two contrasting selections (accompaniment not required) and one scale of your choosing (with any articulation/bowing). Each piece must be recorded in one take but you may pause the recording in between. Please be sure to announce each selection.
- Video must be unedited complete movements or pieces;
- Selections do not have to be memorized, but it is highly recommended;
- Combined selections should not exceed 15 minutes;
- Excerpts from movements/pieces are NOT accepted;
- Video recordings MUST be made in the last 6 months;
- The video MUST clearly show the performer (videos shot far away will be disqualified);
- Recordings made with a professional camcorder and microphones are highly recommended. The use of iPhones or similar quality devices that reproduce good quality sound are also acceptable;
- Student MUST announce the name of the pieces and each composer at the beginning of the video;
- Video and Audio editing are prohibited. Judges want to see continuous playing (examples: no straight cuts, dissolves, cross dissolving, fading in and out in the middle of the piece); Videos with signs of editing will be disqualified;
- If the video link does not work by the deadline, then the video will be disqualified;
- Recital recordings are acceptable as long as they meet the criteria mentioned above (editing between pieces is fine in this case, as long as the pieces are performed in the same recital).
How to Upload your video to YouTube:
STEP 1: Upload Video to YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/upload
VERY IMPORTANT- please change privacy setting from ‘PUBLIC’ to ‘UNLISTED’. This way only people with the specific video URL are able to watch the video.
STEP 2: Paste the YouTube link to your audition in the application.