This advanced performance group is for classical guitarists interested in developing their musicianship, ensemble technique, sight reading, and chamber music skills in a rewarding and motivating group setting.
We’ll learn to:
- Organize our musical ideas
- Refine our rhythmic understanding
- Refine our musical sensitivity
- Listen more carefully
- Respond to musical cues
- Work with other students in a musical team
- Perform regularly as an ensemble
Participants must be taking weekly private lessons and are expected to show a high level of commitment. Participants should have an excellent understanding of rhythm, the ability to use both free and rest strokes with ease, and be able to read fluently in first through fifth positions.