- Take care of our instruments
- Position our instrument and hands properly
- Tune our guitars
- Understand musical notation, notes, and rhythms
- Play melodies together with our classmates and teacher accompaniment
- Strum simple chords
- Develop strong practice habits
Please note that we may form new Beginning Guitar for Kids classes at any campus with enough interest. Please contact our Guitar Department if your child is interested in this class at a different campus, day, or time.
All students must provide their own acoustic (preferably nylon string) guitar and a guitar footstool. For recommendations and sizing information, or any additional questions, please contact Risa Carlson, Guitar Department Chair, at (202) 686-8000 x1104 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Some campuses may have limited numbers of guitars available to rent.