Continue building your child’s skills and their love of creating beautiful music in this continuation of Beginning Guitar for Kids. As a group, we’ll focus on continuing to build our technique and fundamentals. We’ll talk about higher-level practice techniques while working together as a team to play more complicated ensemble and solo pieces.
We’ll learn how to:
- Read music on the entire fretboard fluidly
- Play with fantastic technique in both hands
- Play scales and chords in increasingly complicated forms
- Work with the metronome
- Use dynamics to be expressive
- Practice effectively
- Perform music from all over the world individually and as an ensemble
For more information, please contact Risa Carlson, Guitar Department Chair, at (202) 686-8000 x1104 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Teacher recommendation is a pre-requisite for this class. Students should receive approval from the instructor or department chair prior to registering.