This class provides a wonderful opportunity for a parent or caregiver and child to make music together as they participate in slightly more complex musical activities than in Music Time for Babies and Toddlers, including singing songs and lullabies, chants, finger plays, wiggles, bounces, listening and movement.
Echo songs are introduced, as well as activities that encourage creativity and individual contribution. Each week, age-appropriate percussion instruments are used to enforce the learning of steady beat. Concepts such as body/spatial awareness, numbers, colors, shapes, seasons, family, and animals are reinforced through identification games and musical play. Participants receive guidance on children’s musical development, tools that support the creation of a nurturing musical environment at home.
Class activities and benefits include:
- Opportunities to play basic percussion instruments such as shakers and drums
- Repertoire of songs and activities to use at home
- Age-appropriate musical activities that support childhood development
- Increased social development and exploration
- Encouragement of individual response
- Cultivation of creative expression
- Development of identification skills
For more information, please contact Youlee Park Duray, First Music Program Chair, at (202) 686-8000 x1106 or email@example.com.