(Ages 4 months – 3.1 years; With parent/caregiver.)
This class combines elements from “Music Time for Toddlers” and “Round We Go” into one class. Parents and caregivers discover the joys of making music with their child as they participate in musical activities such as singing songs and lullabies, chants, simple finger plays, wiggles, bounces, listening and movement.
Echo songs are introduced, as well as activities that encourage creativity and individual contribution. Each week, age-appropriate percussion instruments* are used to enforce the learning of steady beat. Concepts such as body/spatial awareness, numbers, colors, shapes, seasons, family, and animals are reinforced through identification games and musical play. Participants receive guidance on children’s musical development, tools that support the creation of a nurturing musical environment at home.
* Instruments may be purchased through Levine.
Class activities and benefits include:
• Opportunities to play basic percussion instruments such as shakers and drums
• Repertoire of songs and activities to use at home
• Age-appropriate musical activities that support childhood development
• Fostering of social development and exploration
• Cultivation of creative expression
The class consists of:
• 30 minutes of a live online weekly class
• 10 minutes of Community Time,
• Access to portal, with music and recordings of class songs/activities, weekly video of class highlights, and monthly newsletter
• Access to monthly Facebook Live Sing-Along with First Music Faculty
Please note: All classes consist of a period of instructional time followed by 10 minutes of Community Time to talk with our expert teachers, ask questions about music and child development, meet other families, and provide social time for children.
For more information, please contact Youlee Park, First Music Program Chair, at (202) 686-8000 x1107 or firstname.lastname@example.org.