Evening and Weekend Receptionist, part-time
Levine Music is a welcoming community where children and adults find lifelong inspiration and joy through learning, performing, listening to, and participating with others in music. Levine’s core values – excellence and opportunity – infuse everything we do. Our distinguished faculty offers a broad and well-rounded curriculum that provides a strong musical foundation for students of different ages, abilities, and interests. We strive to make Levine’s education available to everyone. Hundreds of students receive substantial scholarship assistance; many hundreds more receive free instruction through fully-funded in-school programs.
Primary responsibilities include all aspects of administration, communication, and customer service with customers and employees.
(1) Open Position – Saturdays and Sundays, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, with additional hours for weekend evening events.
Levine Music, DC Campus: NW
2801 Upton Street, NW, Washington, DC 20008
Duties and Responsibilities, Administrative (including but not limited to)
- Perform front desk responsibilities.
- Answer the phones and provide information to the public regarding Levine.
- Have essential knowledge of programs and events marketed on the Levine website.
- Check the voicemail and return calls.
- Maintain room reservation schedule.
- Campus faculty support: maintain phone lists, place piano tuning requests, and update mailboxes.
- Provide administrative support for technology questions.
- Coordinate with Day, Weekend, and part-time front desk staff to ensure substitute coverage for vacation, sick, and other vacancies.
Duties and Responsibilities, Event Management
- Set up, attend, and assist at concerts, student recitals, and special events.
- Organize site support (equipment, warm-up rooms, etc.) for special scheduled events: studio recitals, master classes, lectures, and jams.
- Create programs for student recitals.
- Assist with campus events and programs on assigned evenings and weekends.
- Pleasant and professional phone manner and demeanor
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Previous customer service experience
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and database management
- Understanding of office practices and ability to multi-task
- Willingness to work in a team environment
Hourly Rate: $17
Levine Music is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Levine Music’s employment policy is committed to anti-discrimination of employees or applicants based on sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law concerning any employment practices.
Please submit application materials to:
A. Maria Williams
Senior Director of Human Resources & Culture
2801 Upton Street, NW
Washington, DC 20008
(202) 686-8000 x1008
(888)-240-7039 (secure fax)