BA Music, George Washington University
MM Piano Performance with a Pedagogy Emphasis, University of Hartford The Hartt School of Music
DMA Piano Pedagogy, The Catholic University of America (Expected 2024)
Ariel Nathanson Bolinja graduated from University of Hartford’s The Hartt School in 2018 with a Master of Music degree in Piano Performance with a Pedagogy Emphasis. Nathanson was inducted into the Pi Kappa Lambda music honor society by The Hartt School of Music chapter. She graduated summa cum laude from The George Washington University in 2014 with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Music. In her time at GWU, Nathanson was both a Presidential Scholar in the Arts for piano and a recipient of the Steiner Scholarship in Music. She was also inducted into the Phi Beta Kappa honor society. In August of 2020, she began her DMA studies in piano pedagogy at the Rome School of Music, Drama, and Art at The Catholic University of America under the tutelage of Dr. James Litzelman.
In addition to her teaching, Nathanson has had the opportunity to perform throughout the east coast of the United States as well as internationally, in Italy, Hungary, and the Czech Republic. In 2016, she was awarded Honorable Mention in the Cremona International Competition for Piano.
In 2019, she was a judge for the Little Mozarts Competition. Nathanson served as the Coordinator of Student Affairs for the 2015 and 2016 Cremona International Music Academy and Competition. She frequently works as an accompanist for various ensembles and soloists.
Prior to teaching at Levine, Nathanson taught piano and chamber music at community music schools in New England and Maryland including The Hartt School Community Division in West Hartford, CT and the International School of Music in Potomac, MD.
- Piano Faculty, The International School of Music (August 2020-September 2021)
- Piano Faculty, The Hartt School Community Division (January 2018-May 2021)
- Piano Instructor, Music and Arts Avon (March 2017-June 2018)
- Student Teacher, The Hartt School (September 2017-November 2017)
- Piano Instructor, Needham Music (September 2014-June 2016)
- Ensemble Director, Needham Music (September 2014-June 2016)
- Piano Instructor, Parallel Sound Studio (September 2014-June 2016)
- Piano Instructor, Children’s Music Center of Jamaica Plain (September 2014-July 2015)
- Private Studio Teaching (June 2013-Present)
“My mission as a teacher is to inspire life-long learning and curiosity in each and every student. I believe it is essential to focus on the student as an individual, encouraging enthusiasm, participation, and musicianship. In my opinion, a student’s enjoyment is crucial and facilitates successful piano lessons. In addition, I aim to develop skills in ear training and sight-reading while exposing my students to a variety of repertoire.”