This class explores music through games, movement, and instrument discovery. Using songs and musical games, children expand their musical vocabulary, pitch matching, and rhythmic abilities while developing their listening skills, concentration, and sense of timing. Each class provides a variety of age-appropriate musical activities that foster cognitive, physical, and social skills.
Class activities and benefits include:
- Development of pitch matching skills through basic solo singing and singing games
- Development of rhythmic skills including beat, meter, tempo and durational patterns
- Exploration and improvisation using Orff instruments (pitched and un-pitched percussion instruments)
- Expanded knowledge of musical instruments and instrument families
- Development of social skills and cooperation through group activities such as dancing, playing and musical stories
- Expanded repertoire of simple songs and musical games