Young Artists Program
Levine Music and DC Public Schools are partnering to bring more learning and performing opportunities to young artists in DC. Beginning in January 2023, a select number of DC students will receive full scholarships for private lessons and music theory classes at one of Levine’s campuses to help them find an amazing teacher and dig deeper into their artistry.
Levine Young Artists will receive:
- 100% tuition support for 30-minute weekly private lessons with an expert Levine faculty member
- 100% tuition support for a weekly online music theory course through Levine
- Exciting ensemble performance and learning opportunities through Levine
- Opportunities to perform under expert conductors and alongside other students who love learning and playing music
Interested in becoming one of Levine Music’s Young Artists?
In this inaugural year, Levine Young Artists must be DC residents in grades 7 through 12 and have a demonstrated commitment to deepening their music education.
To qualify, participants must:
- Be a DC resident
- Commit to full program participation, which includes:
- Weekly private lessons at Levine
- Weekly online music theory course
- 6 ensemble rehearsals with fellow Levine Young Artists
- 3 ensemble performances throughout the year
- Have at least 2 years of playing experience
Apply using the form below.
Private Lessons at Levine
In private lessons, each Levine student gets to work with an expert faculty member to develop their own goals and educational pathway regardless of their age or experience. For new students, we take the time and care to arrange individual placement interviews to match you with the perfect teacher to guide you on your musical journey. With lessons available in more than 22 instruments and voice at six campuses around the DC region and online, there’s a musical experience for everyone at Levine.
Music Theory at Levine
Learning music theory can open the doors for a deeper understanding of music as a language and creative tool. By exploring the building blocks of music and the relationships between melody, harmony, rhythm, and more, we find more and more reasons to love playing and listening to all kinds of music. Music theory classes at Levine are offered in seven levels of core classes as well as advanced classes on special topics and AP Music Theory.