Music Therapy: Individual Sessions
Individual music therapy sessions are created for individuals with special needs of all ages and ability. Music experiences are designed and implemented by Board Certified Music Therapists to improve an individual’s quality of life and to address unique therapeutic goals and needs. Each session is tailored to the needs and strengths of each student, allowing for maximum benefit and growth opportunities.
Through music therapy, the following functional areas can be addressed:
- Gross and fine motor skills
- Social skills
- Speech, language, and communication skills
- Emotional identification, management of emotions, and coping skills
- Recreation and leisure skills
- Self-expression and creativity development
Music therapy sessions may include:
- Singing and active music making with a variety of instruments
- Movement to music
- Song writing and lyric analysis
- Adapted lessons on piano, guitar, or other instruments
Levine’s Music Therapy Program serves individuals with, but not limited to:
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Other Pervasive Developmental Disorders
- Developmental, cognitive, and physical delays or disabilities
To Begin The Enrollment Process for Music Therapy Services:
- Please contact Leanne Belasco, Director of Music Therapy, at email@example.com or (202) 686-8000 x 1103.
- Or, complete the Music Therapy Intake Form : Ages 0-22 or Adults. Once your Intake Form has been reviewed, you will be contacted to schedule a Music Therapy Assessment.