Camp Levine Tuition Assistance
*Camp Levine at THEARC is now at capacity*
The 2024 Camp Levine Tuition Assistance application is currently closed.
Camp Levine Tuition Assistance is part of Levine’s Tuition Assistance program.
Financial assistance is entirely need-based; award decisions are based on Levine’s ability to support a percentage of a family’s financial need. Levine intends to offer aid to every eligible student who qualifies. However, it is common for the financial need of the community to exceed the organization’s available resources. We encourage all students who feel they may qualify for assistance to apply!
Levine complies in all its activities, programs, and policies, with all applicable laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination on any basis protected by law.
All families, current and new, must apply to be considered.
Note: If your student(s) is currently receiving Tuition Assistance for the Fall 2023/Spring 2024 academic year please fill out a short questionnaire on our Tuition Assistance application below.
Documents You Will Need
- The following are appropriate supporting documents that should be submitted (where applicable):
- All pages of your current Federal Income Tax Return (Form 1040, 1040-A, or 1040-EZ). Page 1 must be signed and include e-filing pin or tax preparer signature.
- If you have not yet filed your current Federal Income Tax Return, please provide your most recent Federal Income Tax Return AND a copy of your most recent W-2 or 1099 forms.
- Current SNAP benefits (must show start & end date of benefits)
- Benefit letters or public assistance payments if you receive any allotment of monies from government agencies (ex. TANF, SNAP, Social Security, Child support, etc.)
- All applicants will receive notice of their application status within 2-3 weeks of their application submission date. All recipients will be expected to complete their enrollment within 72 hours to secure their tuition assistance support. If a student fails to enroll, unclaimed funds will be reallocated to another applicant on the waitlist.
Camp Levine’s sliding scale model uses federal standards to determine if you qualify for Tuition Assistance. The scale helps ensure funds are distributed fairly to students who demonstrate the most financial need.
How does the scale work?
- First, determine your household size. Your household size includes all the adults and children who live in your home.
- Example: mom + dad + grandma + two children = 5
- Next, determine your household income. This is income earned by all adults in the household. If you are married and file separately, you must include total income for you and your spouse.
- Example: For three adults residing in the same household, you will add each individual income: $55,000 + $15,000 + $5,000 = $75,000
- Last, find your household size and then follow that line across the grid until you find the bracket where your total household income falls. At the bottom of that column, you will find the maximum potential reduction for which you may qualify.
- Example: A family of five, with a household income of $80,000 may be eligible for the maximum discount offered for Camp Levine.
Camp Levine Family Contributions
The amounts listed for each session are the potential costs for families once the Tuition Assistance has been applied.
Extended care costs are included in the tuition for Camp Levine Tuition Assistance families.
When can I start applying for Camp Levine Tuition Assistance?
The 2024 Camp Levine Tuition Assistance application will open on Tuesday, November 28, 2023. Applications are due by Tuesday, December 12, 2023.
When can I enroll my child in Camp Levine?
You can enroll your child in Camp Levine immediately after you have received an email notification from Levine’s Tuition Assistance Team that you have been approved, provided that Camp Levine has already opened enrollment.
- Wednesday, January 10, 2024 at 12:00 PM: Priority enrollment opens for returning campers, returning Teen Apprentices, and current Levine students.
- Wednesday, January 17, 2024 at 12:00 PM: General enrollment opens
How do I enroll my child in Camp Levine?
Once camp registration is open, you can enroll online or give a call to Levine at 202-686-8000 and a staff member will process your Camp Levine enrollment and apply your Tuition Assistance over the phone.
Students must complete registration within 72 hours, or their award will be allocated to another applicant.
Can I apply my year-long Tuition Assistance to camp or Camp Tuition Assistance to other Levine programs?
No. Camp Levine Tuition Assistance is separate from all other Levine Tuition Assistance awards.